Upper Elementary Teachers
Rock Solid Christian Academy is a private, Christian, University-Model school located in Aurora, CO. Our K-5 students attend school on-campus three days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) and complete teacher-led assignments the other two days at-home. We are seeking an experienced classroom educator with a passion for kids, Jesus, and Christian education. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with a passion for excellence and strong instructional and classroom management skills. RSCA values each child as a unique person created in the image of God, and we seek to reach each child where they're at academically and spiritually. Our mission is to disciple character witnesses for Christ for the next generation. Elementary teachers instruct students in all core subjects: math, literacy, science, and social studies.
Faculty Essential Expectations:
- Overtly support and act accordingly with the school’s mission and values.
- Foster a safe, predictable, and supportive environment for students.
- Interact with colleagues in a Biblical, respectful, and collegial manner that fosters a healthy school culture.
- Embrace and reflect the school's commitment to academic excellence, community, discipleship, and parent partnership.
- Demonstrate appropriate planning and preparation for effective instruction.
- Uphold professional standards of personal presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion.
- Be an active and involved participant in the life of the school.
- Honor the confidentiality of school, student, and family information.
- Comply with the policies and procedures as articulated in the school’s Employee Handbook.
- Authentically engage in self-reflection and development of a growth and renewal plan. This includes written goals and progress toward them.
A bachelor's degree is required. A Colorado state teaching certificate is preferred, but not required. If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and statement of faith.
Teacher discount. Eligible for end-of-year bonus.
Middle School Science Teacher
We are currently seeking a middle school science teacher for two science classes (life science and earth science) who is versed in teaching science from a biblical worldview. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Christian education, kids, and Jesus. Excellent communication skills are required as parent communication is a vital part of a University Model School. A Colorado Teaching Certificate is desirable, but not mandatory. While we expect teachers to be available for student and parent questions on at-home days, teachers are only expected to be on-campus three days a week. Classes are held on-campus three days per week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday). As a University Model school, teachers are responsible for assigning meaningful at-home work for students the other two days a week.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $1,000.00 per month
- Employee discount
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith via the form below
Rock Solid Christian Academy is seeking a 27-hour per week, 10-month, part-time Operations Manager. This position will report to the Principal. The Operations Manager performs administrative work in the non-academic operations of the school. This includes purchasing, event planning and management, and facilities oversight. He or she works to ensure the operational success of the organization, ensure contractual and regulatory requirements are met, and that resources are managed effectively. This role will also work closely with the administrative staff and Board of Directors.
Operations Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- School and student safety
- Implement the school safety plan, overseeing disaster preparation, and conducting safety drills.
- Oversee staff safety training and protocols, including background checks, CPR training, and fingerprinting.
- Implement arrival and dismissal procedures that ensure our students enter and leave campus in a safe, orderly fashion.
- Coordinate with the principal to maintain a positive, safe learning environment for students by enforcing the school discipline plan.
- Provide oversight of external security vendors.
- Work with the Principal to manage and improve safety and security protocols and policies across school.
- School operations:
- Oversee maintenance, janitorial, and technology needs of the school, including working with external vendors.
- Manage the use of school space, including scheduling shared space with the landlord.
- Manage procurement processes to ensure the school has all necessary supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Create and maintain accurate inventory of the school’s assets.
- Track expenses to operational budget.
- Work with the administrative leadership team to assess and plan for the ongoing facility needs of the school.
- Work with IT contractors to ensure campus technology is reliable and secure through management of enterprise backups, upgrades, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Arrange IT support for faculty and staff and supporting campus networks, computers, video, security, and other safety systems.
- Coordinate and oversee the software and hardware needs of the school.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Operations Manager Skills/Experience:
- Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Responsible for building operations policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles and practices of administration and training.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Student discipline policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required Personal Qualities:
- Evidence of a mature Christian faith consistent with Rock Solid Christian Academy’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of and appreciation for Christian education and working in a Christian environment.
- Flexibility, positivity, and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
This is a 10-month part-time, hourly position at 27 hours per week (3 9-hour days) at the school. Pay rate is $22/hour, with a higher rate possible depending on experience. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.
Rock Solid Christian Academy is a University-Model K-8 school in Aurora, CO. Our mission is to partner with parents to equip students for a lifetime of learning and glorifying God through community, discipleship, and a Christ-centered, University-Model of education.
"*" indicates required fields
Stories from Rock Solid
- January 21, 2023
- January 1, 2022
- January 1, 2022
- January 21, 2023
- January 26, 2023
- January 26, 2023