LAY A SOLID ACADEMIC FOUNDATION
Rock Solid Christian Academy Kindergarten
Our kindergarten class is one of the key foundations at Rock Solid Christian Academy. Start your student's educational career with a strong Christian emphasis and supportive, but challenging academic environment.
At RSCA, we recognize how important kindergarten is for creating a strong educational foundation. Our small class size and University Model™ offer the right balance of challenge and support so that children can thrive. Our kindergartens attend classes on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, where teachers provide direct instruction in literacy, math, science, and social studies. On the other three days, parents follow detailed lesson plans as they help their children practice and apply concepts they have learned in class. Families can expect to spend 2-3 hours working on assignments at home.
Here are some of the RSCA Kindergarten distinctives:
- Maximum 12:1 student to teacher ratio
- A centers-based approach to math and literacy
- Differentiated math and literacy instruction
- All school chapel twice a month
- Friday Discovery Days that offer additional challenge or support in literacy and math, as well as enrichment classes
- More time spent with family
In addition to weekly emails and quarterly parent-teacher conferences, teachers provide progress reports that keep parents updated on their child’s mastery of kindergarten skills.